We are committed to safeguarding the privacy of our website visitors and customers; this policy sets out how we will treat your personal information.
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal information:
- information about your computer and about your visits to and use of this website, such as your IP address, geographical location, browser type, referral source, length of visit, page sequences, cursor movements, data entry and number of page views;
- information relating to any transactions carried out between you and us on or in relation to this website, including information relating to any purchases you make of our products or services (including product purchased, amount of transaction, date, company contact details);
- information that you provide to us for the purpose of registering with us (including contact name, company name, postal address, telephone number, email address);
- information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our website services, email notifications and/or newsletters (including contact name, company name, address, telephone number, website address, email address); and
- any other information that you choose to send to us.
Use of information
We are committed to providing the highest quality products and services in a way which is easily accessible for all. We improve our website when we see people having trouble finding what they want and optimise our services in response to industry changes like new browsers.
We want to understand what is most relevant to our users and provide appropriate information. As our products and services develop we want to be able to tell you about it.
We may use your personal information to:
- administer the website;
- improve your browsing experience by personalising the website;
- enable your use of the services available on the website;
- send to you goods purchased via the website, and supply to you services purchased via the website;
- send statements and invoices to you, and collect payments from you;
- send you general (non-marketing) commercial communications;
- send you email notifications which you have specifically requested;
- send to you marketing communications relating to our business which we think may be of interest to you by post or, where you have specifically agreed to this, by email or similar technology (you can inform us at any time if you no longer require marketing communications to be sent by emailing us at email@example.com;
- provide third parties with statistical information about our users – but this information will not be used to identify any individual user;
- deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to the website.
- to the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings;
- in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk);
- to reputable companies that we engage to process data on our behalf;
- to suppliers (including Royal Mail and Ordnance Survey) for the purpose of licensing their data, which is used in our products and services, to you;
- to the purchaser (or prospective purchaser) of any business or asset which we are (or are contemplating) selling.
Information storage and processing
If you are in the European Union, information which you provide may be transferred to countries (including the United States) which do not have data protection laws equivalent to those in force in the European Union. You expressly agree to such transfers.
We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information. Of course, data transmission over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet. You are responsible for keeping your password and user details confidential. We will not ask you for your password.
What are Cookies?
Update Cookie Settings
You can choose which cookies to allow on our website
We may send a cookie which may be stored by your browser on your computer’s hard drive. We may use the information we obtain from the cookie in the administration of this website, to improve the website’s usability and for marketing purposes. We may also use that information to recognise your computer when you visit our website, and to personalise our website for you.
Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies. This will, however, have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites, including this one.
Advertising and remarketing via third parties
We use third party advertising networks to market our products and services, as part of this we use conversion tracking, to help us determine how many people who clicked on our adverts end up contacting us via our website. This is typically done by using a cookie only if you have clicked on one of our adverts.
Our website also uses remarketing services to advertise on third party websites to previous visitors to our site. It could mean that we advertise to previous visitors who haven’t completed a task on our site, for example using the contact form to make an enquiry. This could be in the form of an advertisement on a search engine results page, social network or website that's part of an advertising network.
You may opt out of the remarketing and conversion tracking services by using the Network Advertising Initiative opt-out page, Digital Advertising Alliance opt-out page and using the Do Not Track (DNT) privacy preference in your web browser.
Third party websites
Our website contains links to other websites. We are only responsible for the privacy policies or practices of third party websites that are owned and operated by Allies Computing Ltd (including but not limited to www.alliescomputing.com and www.postcoder.com).
You may instruct us to provide you with the personal information we hold about you. Repeated requests for the same information may be subject to the payment of a fee (currently fixed at £10.00).
Please let us know if the personal information which we hold about you needs to be corrected or updated.
You may instruct us not to process your personal information for marketing purposes by email to firstname.lastname@example.org at any time. In practice, you will usually either expressly agree in advance to our use of your personal information for marketing purposes, or we will provide you with an opportunity to opt-out of the use of your personal information for marketing purposes.
You can also control your contact preferences at https://admin.postcoder.com/web/account.
Last updated: 22nd March 2018